Skip to main content

Happy New Beginning


(Dedicated to a dear friend I lost. To Mudit, on his birthday, I will always remember you.)

What do I wish for you, old friend, on your birthday?
Do I wish you a happy one or a one that can keep you safe till we meet again?
It is not easy to wish you as you are so far away
Looking down on us all, and smiling to yourself
Wondering, I suppose, if we remember you.
The truth is that, you will always be in our hearts
No matter how far, you will always be remembered
Remembered for the friend you were to many
Remembered for your wit, for your love of knowledge
Remembered for the songs you sang and the laughter you spread
Remembered for the wonderful person you were
Remembered for making this world a better place
So for your birthday, I don't want to be sad
I want to remember you for the friend you were to me
For standing by me, helping me, teaching me
For loving me as only a true friend can.
You are missed every day now,
but I know it is only for a while.
Because death is never the end.
So I wish you a Happy New Beginning, my friend.

By Teja Priyadarshini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Happens Only Once?

I have touched love, tasted it, felt it, sensed it, and felt alive with it! Love has done the same to me too. Its funny, I have had many people ask me, what is Love? How do you know that it is Love? I wish I could tell them, there is nothing else, but Love! But then I know they would look at me with a weird look in their eyes which says, I have heard many stupid answers before, but this is an original. Disappointed, I resign and explain, like I would to a child, what love feels like. India is a place, dominated by a crazy culture called 'Bollywood'. Its amazing to see the impact it has on one and all. If anyone should ask me, what rules India, I would like the answer to be Bollywood. Life, including politics, takes inspiration from this Industry. Then why shouldn't Love? Imagine the dreamy eyed Shahrukh Khan on a basketball field, looking love struck and telling the kid, Pyaar sirf ek baar hota hai. The impact this dialogue had on the audience was phenomenal! I can't se

WHO DUN IT??

Long time ago when man lived in caves, they often wondered if it was by magic that the voice echoed in the darkness of the cold barren caves. Evolution, as the scientists say, started in these dark barren caves, where cave men evolved to become the more civilized human race. But still the mystery continued. The mystery of sound! Man continued to be bewildered by Nature. And this kept him busy. He tried to figure out ways to improve his life. Life as we know it today, owes its gratitude to many known and unknown faces. If it were not for people like James Clerk Maxwell or for Heinrich Hertz we would have never stopped being awe struck by sound. Ever since they figured out electromagnetic waves the world took another leap at technology. It was a small step for these scientists and a huge leap for Radio. Wireless communications helped bond boundaries and bring people closer. But confusion begins every time a teacher asks her student, “Who invented Radio?” The answer never surprises anybod

Life Through A Window

Lost in thoughts of how my day went, I sat in the back seat of the car, in the cool AC, looking out at the busy streets of Mumbai. My head was filled with random thoughts. Each fighting with the other to become the 'Thought of the Moment'. I passed many houses. Some small, with little paint or decoration. Others large, with huge gates as if to protect them from large predators. The humid weather of Mumbai mixed with the thick fragrant smell of the car perfume, numbed my mind. I passed many tall apartment buildings. Most of them look so old that they remind me of ghosts lurking around in broad day light. As I looked at these almost dilapidated buildings, I noticed the small windows that were etched into the sides of these buildings. The traffic picked up and our car stopped in front of one such building. Since I had nothing better to do, and since the thoughts in my head were picking up pace, I decided not to listen to them. Instead I looked aimlessly into the windows. As I gla